The Independent Bankers of Colorado (IBC) will award at least two (2) $1,000 one-year scholarships, which is to be applied to the cost of tuition, fees and books while attending a public or private university or college, junior or community college or vocation/trade school. Recipients will be announced the week of April 23, 2016 in conjunction with 2016 Money Smart Week. This is a statewide scholarship contest.
Students must be a full-time high school senior attending high school. Students must have applied to and will attend a public or private university or college, junior or community college or vocational/trade school. The student or his/her parent(s) or guardian(s) may not be an employee of the IBC. In addition, due to the far reaching possible ramifications of Amendment 41, Ethics in Government, that amended Colorado’s Constitution, if the student or his/her parent(s) work for any city, state or county office, you may not be eligible for this scholarship contest. Before applying, please consult with your trusted advisor on this issue.
– A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
– Student must attend a public or private university or college, junior or community college or vocational/trade school after high school graduation.
– Either the student or parent(s)/guardian(s) have a banking relationship at an IBC member bank or branch for at least six months.
See below link for a list of IBC member banks. Please note the following financial institutions are NOT members of the IBC: ALL credit unions, Wells Fargo, Chase, KeyBank, Vectra Bank, USBank.
– Application must be complete, typed and signed by a bank representative.
– Student must answer the essay question.
– Deadline for submission to your bank is Friday, March 18, 2016.
Selection of Scholarship Recipients
The IBC’s independent committee will review all applications from IBC member banks and select at least two scholarship winners. Winners will be announced the week of April 23, 2016. The scholarships will not be based on financial need but on the quality of the application, references and essay response. Awards will be presented at the IBC’s Annual Convention on Thursday, September 22, 2016 at the Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, Vail, CO.
2016 Application (Word document)